Want the lion's share of colorful cities, private game reserves, natural wonders, and wondrous wildlife? Point your compass south for the diverse and enchanting sights of South Africa and Zimbabwe. The glorious panoramas from Cape Town's Table Mountain and the candy-colored streets of its Bo-Kaap neighborhood set the stage for the sweet sights to come. Six open-air private game reserve drives near Kruger National Park offer a fascinating glimpse of up to 42 mammal species and 350 bird species. Keep your eyes peeled for the 'Big 5'-lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and Cape buffalo-before branching out in Johannesburg. Here, you'll explore Soweto, the city's largest township, including the former home of Nelson Mandela and the most significant sites of the anti-apartheid movement. Your South Africa vacation crescendos at Victoria Falls, called Mosi-oa-Tunya (the smoke that thunders) on the Zambezi River. Twice the height of Niagara Falls, this breathtaking waterfall spanning the border of Zimbabwe and Zambia offers twice the photo ops.
Call (845) 342-9000 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15832496
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2021
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Cape Town||Welcome to South Africa! Hotel check-in available mid-afternoon.|
|Day 2||Cape Town||CAPE TOWN Walking tour through the Company's Garden and the [LF] Bo-Kaap neighborhood. Visit the Bo-Kaap Museum and savor a traditional Malay lunch. Afterwards, take a scenic cable-car ride to the top of Table Mountain. Welcome dinner at a local restaurant this evening. (B,L,D)|
|Day 3||Cape Town||CAPE TOWN Scenic drive along Chapman's Peak Drive en route to Cape Point Nature Reserve. CAPE POINT NATURE RESERVE See the Cape of Good Hope. At Cape Point, ride a funicular to the steps of the old lighthouse with panoramic views of the Atlantic and Indian Oceans. After lunch, visit Boulders Beach to see a colony of endangered African penguins. CAPE TOWN Free time this evening. (B,L)|
|Day 4||Cape Town||CAPE TOWN Free day. (B)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Cape Town with an excursion and wine tasting at Cape Winelands. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 5||Makalali Private Game Reserve||CAPE TOWN Fly to Hoedspruit and transfer to Makalali Private Game Reserve, overlooking the majestic Drakensburg Mountains. MAKALALI Afternoon game drive with a skilled tracker and professional Ranger. Sip sundowner drinks in the bush before returning to your lodge for dinner. (B,D)|
|Day 6||MAKALALI||MAKALALI Rise between 5 am and 5:30 am for coffee and tea before your morning game drive. Return for breakfast mid-morning, followed by time to relax at your lodge. Afternoon game drive with sundowner drinks. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||MAKALALI||MAKALALI Morning and afternoon game drives with free time to enjoy lodge amenities in between. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Johannesburg||MAKALALI Morning game drive. Fly to Johannesburg. JOHANNESBURG Free time late afternoon and evening. (B)|
|Day 9||Johannesburg||JOHANNESBURG Guided sightseeing includes a visit to [LF] Soweto (South Western Township) to see the Hector Pieterson Memorial and the former neighborhoods of Nobel Peace Prize winners, Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela. Visit Mandela House and the Apartheid Museum to learn about the apartheid years up to the historic 1994 elections that ended the apartheid era. (B,L)|
|Day 10||Victoria Falls||JOHANNESBURG Fly to Zimbabwe. VICTORIA FALLS Free time in the late afternoon and evening. (B)|
|Day 11||Victoria Falls||VICTORIA FALLS Guided walk at Victoria Falls this morning. Free time late morning and early afternoon. Later, embark on a scenic cruise on the Zambezi River to see wildlife and a spectacular African sunset. Farewell dinner this evening. (B,D)|
|Day 12||Johannesburg||VICTORIA FALLS Fly to Johannesburg. JOHANNESBURG Your vacation ends at the airport. Schedule departing flights after 5:30 pm. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Monograms, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $490. Required intra-vacation air segment: Cape Town/Hoedspruit; Hoedspruit/Johannesburg; Johannesburg/Victoria Falls; Victoria Falls/Johannesburg. Air prices were effective on July 14, 2020 and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your vacation, air prices may be higher.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).