Brochure Type: Eastern Mediterranean 2022
Walk in the very place western civilisation was born as your travels reveal all the best of Greece highlights. From the other-wordly clifftop Meteora monasteries to walking the Sacred Way as the ancients once did in Delphi, this journey back in time will bring centuries of history to life.
- Explore Athens, Corinth, Mycenae, Epidaurus, Olympia, Delphi and Meteora with a Local Specialist
- Visit the Acropolis and Museum in Athens, the incredible rock monasteries in Meteora, the home of the Oracle at Delphi, the Olympic Stadium in Olympia, the ancient theatre at Epidaurus, the ancient ruins in Corinth and Santorini
- View the Parthenon, Agora, Royal Palace and Temple of Zeus in Athens, the Sanctuary of Asclepius at Epidaurus and the battle site at Thermopylae
- See the Corinth Canal, the Lion Gate and Agamemnon's Palace at Mycenae
- Connect With Locals Say opa! to an Olympic Be My Guest experience with the Karambellas family on their olive and wine farm, followed by a traditional dinner and dancing.
- Dive Into Culture Visit the Acropolis Museum containing remarkable antiquities giving visitors an insight into the lives of Athenians centuries ago.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 10 Breakfasts
- 2 Dinners
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Flight from Santorini to Athens
- High-speed ferry from Athens to Santorini
Call (845) 342-9000 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16422241
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2022
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Welcome to Athens: Put the 'oh' in opa and embark on an unforgettable exploration of an ancient land of gods and goddesses, myths and legends. Your springboard to your spellbinding holiday is the vibrant capital of Athens, an effortless mix of ancient treasures and modern verve, which you will have an opportunity to explore after being transferred to your hotel. This evening, join your Travel Director and travel companions for a Welcome Reception, including a light meal and welcome drink.|
Divani Palace Acropolis
|Day 2||Athens||Explore Amazing Athens: Join your Local Specialist for a guided morning sightseeing tour to the ancient complex that was once the 'Cradle of Western Civilisation'. Along our journey into antiquity, we'll have an opportunity to explore the Acropolis with its treasures and admire the Parthenon, dedicated to the goddess Athena, the Royal Palace, Temple of Zeus and the Agora, once the haunt of Socrates and Plato. Dive Into Culture and see remarkable displays of an ancient world during an included visit to the Acropolis Museum, and see Hadrian's Arch and the stadium where the first modern Olympics took place in 1896. The rest of the day is yours to enjoy on your own. Stroll through the Plaka, people-watch in Syntagma Square or go in search of the city's tastiest souvlaki - the choice is yours.|
|Day 3||Corinth, Mycenae and Nafplion||Journey to Corinth, Mycenae and Nafplion: We depart Athens this morning, crossing the mighty Corinth Canal to the wild Peloponnesian Peninsula. Arriving in Corinth, we join a Local Specialist to explore an ancient city that several empires fought over throughout the centuries. We continue to Mycenae, a mighty kingdom of Ancient Greece, where we'll see the Beehive Tombs, (the Treasury of Atreus), the Lion Gate and the remains of Agamemnon's Royal Palace, in the company of a Local Specialist. Later, we'll travel to Epidaurus to visit the ancient theatre and view the Sanctuary of Asclepius, the God of Medicine, whose snake-entwined staff remains the symbol of medicine to this day. Arriving in the Venetian town of Nafplion later, we'll dine in our hotel this evening.|
|Day 4||Olympia||Continue to Ancient Olympia: We traverse the Mountains of Arcadia to ancient Olympia, the site of the first Olympic Games held in 776 BC. This evening, we Connect With Locals joining the Karambellas family for dinner on their olive and wine farm at a Be My Guest experience featuring traditional dancing and characteristic Greek philoxenia.|
|Day 5||Patras and Delphi||Onwards to Patras and Delphi: We join a Local Specialist this morning to delve into centuries of history. We'll visit the ancient Olympic site, the museum and the ruined remains of the Temples of Zeus and Hera. Leaving Olympia, we skirt the coastline north to Patras, crossing the Gulf of Corinth to mainland Greece before continuing to Delphi, our home for the night.|
|Day 6||Thermopylae and Kalambaka||Off to Thermopylae and Kalambaka: Tread in the footsteps of the ancient Greeks, who would descend on the sanctuary of Delphi to consult with the most important oracle in the classical world. Join your Local Specialist and walk the Sacred Way to the 4th-century Temple of Apollo. View the statues immortalising the strength of the athletes who once competed in the Pythian Games, held in honour of Apollo and the Arts. A scenic afternoon drive brings us to Thermopylae, famous for the heroic defence by Leonidas and his brave Spartans against the invading Persians. We cross the lush Thessaly region, the 'breadbasket of Greece', then travel over the Pourmaraki Pass towards Kalambaka.|
|Day 7||Athens||Admire Meteora and Return to Athens: The UNESCO World Heritage monasteries of Meteora are our first stop today. Join a Local Specialist to visit two of the six Eastern Orthodox monasteries that cling impressively to immense, rounded rock towers overlooking the town. A scenic drive returns us to Athens, where we'll enjoy a rousing Farewell Dinner with our travel companions and reminisce over an incredible journey through Greece.|
Divani Palace Acropolis
|Day 8||Santorini||Cruise to Sunny Santorini: Board a fast ferry to the idyllic island of Santorini, your home for three nights. Transfer to your hotel with an orientation on arrival and spend free time exploring. Comprising of a small circular archipelago of volcanic islands in the southern Aegean Sea, Santorini is all that remains of an enormous volcanic explosion. The island's spectacular physical beauty coupled with its dynamic nightlife makes it one of Europe's most popular hotspots. |
|Day 9||Stunning Santorini||Discover Stunning Santorini: Santorini offers a wealth of exciting things to do. You might like to spend your time relaxing in the sun or wander down winding cobbled streets full of whitewashed houses. Admire breathtaking views across the caldera and witness a stunning sunset.|
|Day 10||Santorini||Santorini Your Way: Santorini makes some of the Greek islands' best wines so perhaps take a tour of a winery and taste some for yourself. Consider a ride in a kaiki to the volcanic island of Nea Kamini to swim in the hot springs. Embrace the magic of Santorini.|
|Day 11||Fly to Athens and Journey Home||Fly to Athens and Journey Home: Take a short flight back to Athens this morning. Say goodbye to Greece as you continue your flight home from Athens airport.|
- Itinerary: Occasionally the itinerary may be altered due to sailing conditions on the Aegean Sea, ferry schedules, religious holidays or unforeseen circumstances.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class