Brochure Type: USA Canada and Central America 2023
Get a true taste of the Golden State as you tour Northern California passing cityscapes and seaside cliffs of the 17-Mile Drive. Explore California icons: Yosemite National Park, iconic Redwoods, and serene Lake Tahoe, topped off with tasty Napa Valley wines and a farm-to-table meal in Monterey.
- Explore San Francisco, Napa and Salinas Valley with a Local Specialist
- Scenic Drive along spectacular 17-mile Drive, and through Napa Wine Country
- See quaint Carmel-by-the-Sea, Napa Valley, and Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park
- Visit Yosemite National Park
- Connect With Locals Learn about California's organic food scene and enjoy your meal prepared by two food preservationists using fresh ingredients.
- Stays With Stories Stay at the Yosemite Valley Lodge located close to Yosemite Falls in the middle of the national park.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Regional Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 7 Breakfasts
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All transport and transfers shown
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (845) 342-9000 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16422641
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2022
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||San Francisco||Hello San Francisco: From the iconic to the unexpected, the city of San Francisco never ceases to surprise. Kick-start your effortlessly delivered Northern California holiday in the cosmopolitan hills of 'The City'. Join your Travel Director and fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception at your hotel.|
Clift Royal Sonesta
|Day 2||Dive Into Eclectic San Francisco||Dive Into Eclectic San Francisco: Fuel up for a full day of indulging in San Francisco's many sites. Admire the eclectic mix of Victorian and Modern architecture, vibrant culture, and cuisines of one of the world's most livable and iconic cities. Embark on a morning exploration tour that takes you from the lively hotspot of Fisherman's Wharf to Union Square, a historical landmark linked to the American Civil War. This afternoon offers a deeper look into two of the city's iconic spots. A guided Golden Gate Bridge walk takes you across the 1.7-mile span of the magnificent "bridge that couldn't be built." As you gaze across the water (one the Seven Wonders of the Modern World, learn how this iconic engineering marvel was constructed). You'll arrive in the quaint seaside community of Sausalito with time for shopping or lunch before finishing up with a different view of the bay: a relaxing ferry cruise back to the city. You will then explore Golden Gate Park with your Travel Director, learning how this urban oasis of over 1,000 acres supports 7 distinct ecosystems as you stroll the green lawns, bridle paths, and lakes of this expansive park right in the heart of San Francisco.|
|Day 3||Journey To Napa Wine Country||Journey To Napa Wine Country: Start off your day with breakfast in San Francisco before we head out to Sonoma and Napa Valley. Today, we'll visit a local winery and enjoy a unique experience and exploration of wine with a tasting. Enjoy an included lunch this afternoon with fellow travelers.|
Embassy Suites Napa Valley
|Day 4||Entice Your Senses At Lake Tahoe||Entice Your Senses At Lake Tahoe: Travel through the scenic fertile Sacramento River Valley to find yourself in the alpine splendor of Lake Tahoe. Its clear blue waters surrounded by evergreen pines and rocky outcrops provides you with a picturesque scenery to behold. This evening, enjoy a Regional Dinner as you cruise on the beautiful Lake Tahoe.|
Lake Tahoe Resort
|Day 5||Embrace The Wilderness Of Yosemite National Park||Embrace The Wilderness Of Yosemite National Park: Touch the sky and embark on a scenic road-trip into the Sierra Nevada mountain range, winding along the Tioga Pass to California's UNESCO-listed Yosemite National Park. (Weather conditions may cause the Tioga Pass to be closed to traffic, typically from mid October to the end of May. In this case, an alternate entry point to Yosemite will be used). Marvel at the incredible natural beauty that inspired naturalist John Muir to dub Yosemite Valley the 'Incomparable Valley', passing the colossal granite faces of El Capitan and the misty splendor of Bridalveil Fall. Tonight, our Stays with Stories takes us overnight in the park.|
Yosemite Valley Lodge
|Day 6||Taste The California Difference||Taste The California Difference: Tempt your taste-buds today with a visit to the Salinas Valley where you'll join a Local Specialist for an agricultural education tour to learn about fruit, vegetables, and advanced farming techniques of the region that is known as the 'Salad Bowl of the World'. Continue to Monterey where we'll Connect With Locals for a farm-to-table Be My Guest dinner including the freshest local ingredients.|
Casa Munras Garden and Spa
|Day 7||Witness The Incredible California Coast||Witness The Incredible California Coast: The pinch me moments continue as we follow the sun-kissed California coast, cruising scenic 17-Mile Drive. We return to Monterey for a visit to Cannery Row, immortalized in the John Steinbeck novel. The rest of the evening is yours to explore Monterey's vibrant street life or guests can visit on their own the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium. Tonight, we join our Travel Director and fellow travelers for a festive Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 8||Take A Walk Through The Redwoods||Take A Walk Through The Redwoods: California's towering redwoods provide an imposing backdrop for this morning as we journey back in time to the era of lumberjacks and sawmills in a re-created 1890s logging camp. We continue to Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park where we'll have an opportunity to walk amongst these giants that have stood for over a thousand? years. We return to the golden city of San Francisco. Take a transfer to San Francisco International Airport or consider extending your stay.|
- If you are looking even further ahead, this trip is available to book in 2023. Visit our website for dates and today's best prices.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class